Painting brick is a quick and easy way to change the look of your brick without a messy and expensive renovation! You can transform your brick fireplace or even an existing brick wall with a couple swipes of a paint brush. Painted brick is trendy, but results in a classic finish. You will want to paint surfaces that do not get too hot.
There are TWO techniques you can use to paint brush, Dry Brush & Color Wash. Dry Brush allows more layering and depth. Wash provides more even coverage and you will not see the definitive texture, as you are highlighting in the dry brush.
- Choose your Jolie Matte Finish Paint color and decide if you want to paint the grout. If you don't, just be careful while painting. If you do, make sure to use your brush and get in between the brick. (Use a 1" or 2" brush)
- You will be doing a heavy dry brush technique. Dip your 4" chip brush and softy add to your brick. Applying pressure as needed.
- You can always add more paint. It is hard to take it away.
- Once it is dry, You can layer more colors to add dimension! Then that's it! No waxing needed.
How to paint brick (WASH):
- Choose your Jolie Matte Finish Paint color. With wash technique you will be painting the grout.
- Start from the TOP of your area then work your way to the bottom. Spray your area down with water.
- Dip your 4" chip brush in paint (you will have more paint than the dry brush) and add to your wet brick. Heavier pressure as needed. You can let it dry then add more if needed.
- Once the whole area is painted and dry, You can layer more colors to add a blended look or leave it! Then that's it! No waxing needed.