Jolie Varnish for Furniture & Cabinetry
Jolie Varnish is a clear, non-yellowing water-based acrylic topcoat that creates a long-lasting finish on furniture and cabinetry. Available in two different sheen levels, it is perfect for projects that require a higher sheen. It is an easy to use alternative to a wax topcoat on Jolie Paint, stained, or raw wood.
Please note, precautions should be taken when using a penetrating topcoat over white paint. Although the varnish is non-yellowing, depending on the substrate, there could still be stains, tanning or dyes that are pulled through the topcoat and appear yellow. When working with white paint and topcoat, a primer should be used to avoid any bleed through. We recommend Stain Blocker Primer from General Finishes.
How to use Varnish:
- Open, gently shake & stir well before & during use.
- Make sure your surface is clean before use.
- Apply a liberal first coat with a synthetic brush & do not overwork.
- Allow at least 4-6 hours to dry before applying the second coat. For a smoother finish, lightly sand in between coats.
- Apply 2-3 coats for best results
To learn more about Jolie Varnish, watch our video HERE.