Efex Decorative Furniture Appliques
Efex can be applied to almost any surface – wood, plaster, metal, glass, and terracotta by using DAP® RapidFuse or Contact Cement.
They are bendable, trimmable, & can also be stretched up to 2% to ensure a tight fit. Efex can be painted, stained, or even gilded.
RapidFuse works perfectly to fuse any Efex Appliques in 30 seconds and is even repositionable for up to three minutes.
How to apply Efex & RapidFuse:
- RapidFuse is easily applied to Efex by placing small beads of glue around the edges and firmly pressing down for 30 seconds.
- If you are painting your Efex a different color than your surface color, paint both the surface and Efex then glue.
- If you are painting the Efex the same color you can glue then paint
- Wear gloves when gluing.
How to apply Efex & Contact Cement:
- Apply contact cement to surface & Efex. Wait about 10 minutes & push the 2 surfaces together.
- Use the same approach as Rapid Fuse for same color or different color Efex.
To learn more about Efex Decorative Furniture Appliques, watch our video HERE.