General Finishes Pre-Stain Conditioner
General Finishes Water Based Pre-Stain Conditioner is a formula similar to our water-based stains without the colorant. Use General Finishes Pre-Stain Conditioner Natural as a wood conditioner to control blotching on hard-to-stain woods, such as maple, pine and cherry, before applying a water-based wood stain.
Use before General Finishes Water Based Stains
Controls blotching & can be used to dilute water-based stain.
Low odor, low VOC, water cleanup and noncombustible.
How to apply on raw & finished surfaces:
- Lightly sand with a fine grit sandpaper & remove sand with a tack cloth
- Stir well & apply liberally with an applicator & work quickly. (We recommend a foam brush, chip brush, wiping rag or sprayer.)
- Remove excess stain with a rag or Suite Shop towel if necessary & correct overlap immediately.
- If working on a large surface, leave edges wet to prevent lap lines.
- Let it dry 20 minutes but no more than 30 minutes before applying water-based stain.
- Then apply water-based stain.
Additional coats of water-based stain may be needed for deeper color saturation. Pre-stain can be used to dilute water-based stain.
Soap & water clean up.