General Finishes High Performance Topcoats
High Performance Topcoat is a water-based topcoat. This topcoat is extremely durable and ideal for tabletops, furniture & cabinets. We recommend this topcoat over all General Finishes Gel Stain, Glaze Effects & Furniture Paint. This product is not suitable for Brushable White Enamel, Snow White Milk Paint or Exterior use. For Exterior use, use General Finishes Exterior 450.
How to apply GF High Performance Topcoat:
- Stir well prior to use. DO NOT SHAKE
- Apply High Performance Topcoat liberally using a foam brush, paint pad or Cling on Brush. Use smooth even strokes going with the grain & make sure you have enough material to provide a wet film.
- DO not over brush. Apply and move on.
- Sand lightly in between coats with a fine grit sandpaper & remove dust with a tack cloth before recoating.
- 2-3 coats are recommended.* This product has a 21-day cure time.
*When using Flat, apply 2 coats of Gloss or Satin then 1 final coat of Flat to avoid clouding and fogging. High Performance Topcoat can be sprayed through a paint sprayer and does not need to be thinned prior.
Soap & warm water clean up