Artisan Enhancements Leaf & Foil Size
Leaf & Foil Size is a medium with a long open and tack time (almost indefinitely) to be used for all metallic gilding foils and leafing projects. Once applied Leaf & Foil Size provides a flawless tacky surface for the application of metallic leafing and foils.
How to use Leaf & Foil Size:
- Apply Leaf & Foil Size with a chip brush or inexpensive roller. Do not over apply.
- The size will go on wet and milky but dry clear & tacky.
- Allow the size to air dry approximately 30-60 mins. The surface will remain tacky until sealed.
- Once the size is tacky & clear you are ready to apply the foil.
- Apply the foil shiny side up, matte side towards the size and press and rub the foil on.
- If you want more foil, repeat the previous steps. Once you have achieved the level of shine you desire, seal with AE Clear Topcoat Sealer or for a glossier finish, GF High Performance Topcoat in Gloss
- Wax should NOT be applied to foil finishes
Leaf & Foil Size can ONLY be cleaned up with alcohol.