General Finishes Gel Stains
How to apply on raw surfaces:
- Lightly sand with a fine grit sandpaper. We recommend using 220 Grit, like the General Finishes UltraFlex Sanding Pad.
- Apply liberally with an applicator. (We recommend a foam brush)
- Remove excess stain with a rag or Suite Shop towel if necessary.
Additional coats can be added for a deeper color. You must wait at least 6-8 hours before applying the next coat.
How to apply on finished surfaces:
- Clean surface with denatured alcohol & water first. This is a 50:50 ratio that you mix into a spray bottle
- Sand lightly to break surface tension. Use 220 grit sandpaper.
- Apply liberally to the area you are working on with a foam brush
- Work in small sections. Ex. Drawer front, side of chest, etc.
- Wipe off excess with rag or Suite Shop towel in the same direction as the grain.
Seal Gel Stain with High Performance Topcoat. You must wait at least 72-hours between an oil-based gel product and a water-based topcoat.
Clean foam brushes with mineral spirits or use inexpensive brushes and dispose after use.
To learn more about General Finishes Gel Stain, watch our video HERE.