General Finishes Glaze Effects
Glaze Effects are translucent water based colors used to create beautiful decorative finishes such as strie, distressing, marble, shabby chic, burnishing, color washing, rag rolling and wood graining. Use over General Finishes Gel Stain, General Finishes Furniture Paint or Jolie Matte Finish Paint.
Glaze Effects can be inter-mixed or layered to create custom colors.
How to apply Glaze Effects to General Finishes Gel Stain or General Finishes Furniture Paint:
- Wait 48-72 hours when applying Glaze to Gel Stain
- Wait 1-2 hours when applying Glaze to General Finishes Furniture Paint
- Apply glaze liberally with a foam brush or chip brush.
- Work glaze over the entire work area
- Use General Finishes Extender to allow more “open” time to glaze & give more time to wipe back with a Suite Shop Towel excess
- Wait at least 1-2 hours before applying the High Performance topcoat.
- For best results apply 3-4 coats of topcoat to your glaze.
How to apply Glaze Effects to Jolie Chalk-Style Paint:
- Paint must be dry
- Apply a layer of Artisan Enhancements Scumble as a slip coat
- While Scumble is still wet, apply General Finishes Glaze Effects and wipe back with a Suite Shop Towel or create a decorative finish.
- Seal with General Finishes High Performance Top Coat or any of our furniture waxes.
Soap & warm water clean up
To learn more about General Finishes Glaze Effects over General Finishes Gel Stain, watch our video HERE.
To learn more about General Finishes Glaze Effects over General Finishes Furniture Paint, watch our video HERE.
To learn more about General Finishes Glaze Effects over Jolie Matte Finish Paint, watch our video HERE.